Roasting & pasteurization of nuts
||Revtech combines vibration transport and heating by direct contact with an impedance tube to process all kinds of nuts: almonds, brazil nuts, cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, peanuts, pinenuts, pistachios...
- Continuous and fully automated process avoiding recontamination:
• Validated and guaranteed microbiology quality,
• Complete eradication of pathogens (Salmonella, E Coli, Coliforms, yeasts & moulds…) and high reduction of the TPC.
- Preservation of the nut quality:
• No screw, belt or mixer which could harm the nuts, only gentle vibrations,
• Only a small amount of steam is injected (around 5%), the nuts being heated by the contact with the hot tube.
- Improved roasted flavor:
• Due to treatment in a confined atmosphere,
• Due to roasting with direct contact with a hot surface, similar to traditional technologies.
- Very good homogeneity and precise control of the roasting intensity:
- Very gentle handling (split rate below 1.5% for cashew nuts) by vibrations. No belts, mixers or pressurized systems.
Flavour can be added to your products (salt, spices,...) by the injection of brine or liquid flavoring during the process. The vibrations ensure a perfect mixing and thus a perfect homogeneity of seasonning.
A technology recognised by the Almond Board of California
|Challenge tests, carried out following the ABC protocol, proved a complete eradication of Salmonella corresponding to an 8.2 log kill.
Cutting edge technology for your factory
- Low energy consumption:
• Pasteurization: around 80 kW.h for 1 ton of product ie less than 0,01€/kg
• Roasting: around 140 kW.h for 1 ton of product, ie around 0,01€/kg.
- No heavy air treatment required: nuts are not heated by hot air, reducing costs and limiting fire risks.
- Environmental friendly technology: around 90% of the energy is transferred to the nuts.
- Cleaning is vastly simplified: between 1 and 2 hours using CIP techniques.
Why using electricity instead of gas? (+)
Nuts are roasted by direct contact with a hot stainless steel tube, similar to the traditional technique, with the following advantages:
Improved taste: Oils and flavors are not evacuated by gas flows but they are roasted in their own vapors.
Energy efficiency: about 90% of the energy is transferred to the nuts compared to 30/40 % with gas roasters.
Easy exhaust handling: the amount of gas exhausting the roaster is divided by a factor 10, vastly simplifying the gas treatment unit at the exhaust.
No fire risks: combustion is limited as there is much less oxygen circulating in the roaster. Operation without oxygen is even possible.